Another arrest in London attack as third attacker is named

President Donald Trump speaks during the Ford's Theatre Annual Gala at the Ford's Theatre in Washington Sunday

President Donald Trump speaks during the Ford's Theatre Annual Gala at the Ford's Theatre in Washington Sunday

Britain held a nationwide minute of silence Tuesday to honor the victims of Saturday's terror attack in London, as police announced the name of the third attacker killed by officers and made a new arrest linked to the investigation.

As the Two-Way has reported, three attackers opened their assault on London Bridge by ramming pedestrians, then left the vehicle on foot and began stabbing people in nearby Borough Market.

Youssef Zaghba, 22, one of three men who carried out Saturday night's atrocity, was able to get into the United Kingdom despite being arrested past year on his way to Syria where he planned to fight for Isis.

- Like the other two perpetrators, Zaghba lived in east London, Met Police said. The assailants killed eight people and wounded 48 others.

A 45-year-old French tourist who was thrown into the River Thames after being hit by the terrorists' speeding van during the London Bridge attack was today named as the eighth victim of the horrific massacre.

The Italian reports said Zaghba was intercepted at the Bologna airport a year ago as he was about to board a plane for Turkey, apparently with the intention of joining Islamic State militants in Syria.

Italian news reports said authorities sequestered Zaghba's cell phone and passport when he was stopped at the airport, but that he successfully got them back after a court determined there wasn't enough evidence to accuse him of any terrorism-related crime.

Zaghba, Pakistan-born British citizen Butt and Rachid Redouane, 30, who claimed to be Moroccan-Libyan, launched a murderous rampage around London Bridge and Borough Market on Saturday night.

Prosecutors rest case against Cosby
Cosby testified that Constand was "talking about stress" and that he gave Constand Benadryl , "the equivalent of one and a half". Although Valliere admitted to writing them, the judge ultimately refused the request for a dismissal.


When asked by authorities about his intentions, Amato said, Zaghba initially replied that he was leaving to become "a terrorist".

Authorities also carried out two additional search warrants in east London, police said.

Prime Minister Theresa May, who called the snap election in hopes of strengthening her mandate for discussions over Britain's exit from the European Union, has come under fire for the cuts to police numbers over recent years.

"There was no intelligence to suggest that this attack was being planned and the investigation had been prioritised accordingly".

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn expressed concern that the police and security services lacked the resources they needed to deal with the terrorist threat.

Police continue to search the Ilford home and a business in Ilford as well, authorities said.

Butt's involvement in Saturday's terror attack has added to the scrutiny faced by the security services which also failed to stop Salman Abedi from killing 22 people in a suicide bomb attack in Manchester nearly two weeks before the latest London attack.

Latest News