Tube attacker made grab for woman's hijab

Investigation launched after 'woman's hijab ripped off on London Underground'

The woman claimed that a man had ‘forcefully attempted’ to pull of her hijab

In a Twitter post picturing the alleged perpetrators, Abdulkadir claimed the man grabbed her headscarf before assaulting her friends. However, in a recent development the man in question has denied the allegations online and said that he was simply trying to defend his girlfriend.

Aniso Abulkadir, 18, was waiting for the Tube at Baker Street station after heading home with friends after a night out in the early hours of Saturday morning.

She continued: 'He proceeded to verbally abuse my friends and I, pinning one of them against the wall and spitting in her face.' Ms Abdulkadir added that a woman nearby was also threatened and verbally abused.

A spokesman for the British Transport Police said they were investigating the incident and had been sent the statement from Mr Uczciwek.

'The police is fully cooperating with me and will be able to obtain CCTV footage showing the three women attempting to attack my partner because we are in an interracial relationship'.

Inquiries about the incident are ongoing and the police have asked anyone with any information to get in touch with them.

Match Officials for semi-final stage announced
Leg-spinner Afy Fletcher sends down a delivery during her impressive 10-over spell against England Women on Saturday. Opener Hayley Mathews (29 from 64 balls) and Chedean Nation (23 from 57) were the main contributor for West Indies .


Miss Rajewaran, who has just completed sixth form and is planning on attending university in the Autumn, also recounted the incident on Twitter.

A suspected hate crime is being investigated by police after a man tried to pull off a Muslim woman's hijab.

She wrote: 'These two at Baker Street station were racially abusive, the man tried to pull my friends headscarf off and pushed me against a wall, find them'.

'I'd just like to take a moment to emphasise on my disgust on the people who witnessed a grown man pull an 18 year olds hijab and remain silent. A spokesman from the force commented that, "Behaviour like this is totally unacceptable and will not be tolerated".

"Believe me there were more than 20/30 people and not a single person helped, people just watched and filmed".

In a series of tweets, Uczciwek argued that the media misreported the incident, using "religion as a scapegoat" because "the media does not even care that a black woman was attacked".

Latest News