UAE Behind Qatar Hacks

UAE Behind Qatar Hacks

UAE Behind Qatar Hacks

The cyberattack saw the broadcast of fake news claiming that the Qatari Emir, Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad al-Thani, among other things, had called Iran an "Islamic power" and praised Hamas.

The UAE's envoy to the US, Yousef al-Otaiba, reacted to the post by saying the article was "false" and the country "had no role whatsoever in the alleged hacking described" there.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation was previously known to be working with Qatar to probe the hacking.

Qatari officials said the agency had been hacked by an "unknown entity" and that the story had "no basis whatsoever".

"What is true is Qatar's behaviour".

The diplomatic crisis caused by the cyberattack has reportedly brought to the fore a long-drawn out feud between the Gulf monarchies, which last erupted when the UAE and Bahrain accused Qatar of providing a safe haven to their political dissidents and funding terrorists. Funding, supporting, and enabling extremists from the Taliban to Hamas and Qadafi.

Toy Story 4: Disney Pixar revela nuevos detalles
Los años no habrán pasado para la familia Parr , que tendrá que arreglar sus asuntos con El socavador. El director será Josh Cooley ("Inside Out", "Up"), dejando a John Lasseter en el rol de productor.


A CNN report titled, "US suspects Russian hackers planted fake news behind Qatar crisis", citing anonymous U.S. officials, claimed that intelligence gathered as part of an FBI investigation into the hack indicated that unnamed Russian hackers could be behind the intrusion.

The UAE was not responsible for an alleged hack of Qatari websites which helped spark a month-long diplomatic rift with Doha, the UAE's minister of state for foreign affairs said on Monday.

This is a developing story; keep an eye on this space for latest news. "Inciting violence, encouraging radicalization, and undermining the stability of its neighbors", he added. But it has denied aiding jihadist groups linked to al-Qaeda or so-called Islamic State (IS).

"What we know now is that Qatar is admitting that the list is worthy, that the list needs to be looked at, and that they need to change some of their laws to ensure that there is a proper process to cover this list", he said.

On his departure Mr Tillerson had left proposals with the Saudi-led bloc and Qatar which included "a common set of principles that all countries can agree to so that we start from. a common place", Robert Hammond said on Saturday, but "we don't expect any near-term resolution".

Speaking at a forum in London, Anwar Gargash also said the UAE would not escalate its boycott by asking companies to choose between doing business with it or with Qatar.

Latest News